- This event has passed.
Portrait Drawing Using Grid System (Grades 3 – 5); 8 Weeks
September 8, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm UTC-5
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until September 8, 2020
Grid drawing is one of the best techniques for getting kids to feel confident about drawing! In this 8 week session our advanced students will learn how to draw the human face, learn about proportions and apply their skills about the value scale and shading techniques to reproduce a portrait from a photograph. Drawing takes a lot of practice, patience and students tend to get frustrated easily. The grid system will help students to get proportions and details just right.
Age: 10 and up! (Grades 3rd +)
Dates: Tuesday, September 8 – October 27
Meets: Every Tuesday 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm (8 sessions)
Instructor: Lauren woody
Fee: $210 (includes all supplies & materials)
- Value, Shading, Tones
- Grid system
- Shapes, Geometric Shapes, Freeform Shapes Organic Shapes
- Produce portrait drawing containing shape and value.
- Recall information and vocabulary terms.
- Make decisions about their art process and compositions.
- Work with shape, and a variety of value.
- Be able to work properly and safely with art materials.
- Compare and contrast different artwork and give an opinion about their artwork.
- Evaluate and participate in a critique of own and peers artwork.
This class is already in session and registration is closed.